- The girls have both started their school years off with flying colors! Ella has taken so very well to Kindergarten, and happily exclaimed, "I LOVE IT!" when stepping off of the bus that first day. My eyes were filled with tears for missing her, but seeing her smiling face made it all the better. Katie feels she has the BEST 4th Grade Teacher in the whole school, which makes it extra easy for us to get moving in the morning. She has started setting her own alarm this year (a new thing for us all), and it is much appreciated by this momma . . . especially since her school bus arrives at 7:04 AM for her daily pick up. I couldn't be prouder of both of my girls, and am looking forward to the year ahead of us.
- I caught a cold . . . I knew it would happen. Katie picked it up during that adventure to New York (remember that one?) the week before school, and generously shared it with Ella, who was equally generous in passing it on to me. It hit me last Thursday evening, and while I was in denial at the moment - I gave in to it on Saturday. It wasn't until yesterday morning that I realized I over medicated myself on Friday, Saturday and Sunday (taking an extra "24 hr allergy pill" each day, along with healthy doses of cold medication and night time sleeping aids.) NOT a good thing, and Phil will vouch that I was in a fairly groggy state all weekend, where much of my time was spent on the couch . . .
- However, I was just clear headed enough to become completely and totally addicted to Downton Abbey. Have you seen it? I honestly spent ALL DAY Saturday and Sunday watching both Season 1 and Season 2, and now find myself so impatient for the third season to begin (which, to my horror, isn't until January 2013!!! AGHAST!!!) I'm driving Phil crazy, for sure, as I can't seem to talk of anything else, and find myself carrying on like a fancy British Lady right out of the series (and saying things like . . . aghast!) Oh, you simply MUST watch it!
- That same clear headed state did manage to answer the phone to my old employers on Thursday . . . just long enough to accept their offer of short term work on a particular project they needed help with. I have to laugh, because in the last year of being unemployed . . . I can't even remember if I was sick at all. And here it was . . . days before starting work . . . and I was sick with a nasty summer cold! Ah, what's a girl to do? So, I said yes . . . I took the assignment with open arms. I knew that it would be good for me to 1) make some money right now, 2) reacquaint myself with some old work colleagues, 3) spend some time with adults and 4) get myself out of the house for a bit. So the offer really came at the perfect time. It's really a great opportunity - and it's NOT permanent. So it is sort of offering me the best of both worlds.
- So, this week I find myself working full time, while still trying to recover from this nasty head cold, and somehow managing to get lunches and snacks packed, clothes washed, homework done and keep the house a float. Just like all of you. (How ever do we do it?)
- I've signed up for a local Art and Craft show the end of September, so I have LOTS to do on the art end of life. Unfortunately, I can't get to it this week. But next week . . . I'm back in the studio. Journals. Christmas Ornaments. Holiday picture frames. Jewelry. Calendars. SO MUCH to do! Such little time to do it.
Until then . . . I hope to find some moments this week to get caught up on your lives. I do hope this finds you all doing well and enjoying your days. It's getting darker here a little bit earlier the past week or so . . . fall is just around the corner (YAY!!) I can't wait to start playing Christmas music!
Off to bed . . .
And as always. . . .
I wish you . . .