It was 55 degrees outside today. I should be happy. Right?
But, I'm lost.
I just sat down and read my dear friend Leslie's blog today . . . so inspiring, so motivating, so full of energy. I LOVE IT. Yet, I feel like I'm so far from that place . . . I've hit Funkytown, folks. You know Funkytown, right? It's right next to Crankville. Ah, Crankville . . . remember Crankville?
Oh, the good ol'blog days, huh?
Well, Funkytown is right next to Crankville. And it's a completely different place. It's not that "cranky" state of mind. It's that "I'm in a funk" one. You know the sort, right?
I know what has happened to me this week. I know exactly what I am doing to myself. It's called something like, "Wanting the whole darn world to be happy, and when they aren't, finding yourself carrying the weight of everyone elses troubles on your own shoulders so that you can hardly function." Yep . . . that's it . . . otherwise known as "Funkytown".
And I think that's what has been happening to me this week.
But Leslie's blog has me thinking. I want that energy . . . that positivity . . . that happiness. I want . . . THAT.
So, I'm trying, friends. I'm climbing up that mountain. Everytime I think I'm getting some where, I look above and see I've got miles to go. But I'm climbing it . . . one step at a time.
It's time to map out my "Ta-Da's" for the New Year, don't you think? Not that "to-do's" . . . because I think a To-Do list is nothing but a list of goals that remind you of all you have to do. I prefer to call my goals, "Ta-Da's" . . . because I know that they are going to make me feel AMAZING and help me get myself out of Funkytown. (By the way, I don't really like Funkytown. It might sound like Fun . . . but, it's not.)
My Ta-Da's for 2012
. . . (in no particular order) . . .
• Spend a MINIMUM of 3 hours in my creative space each and every day. I have GOT to. I'm in a rut on the art front, and this is NOT acceptable for a person who wishes to make great strides living her creative dreams. I need to start this TODAY. So, I will.
• Sketch . . . something . . . each and every day. Again, this is an "I HAVE GOT TO" sort of thing. I am reading an awesome book that is helping me through this process. I'll share more with you when I am more into it, but this is CRUCIAL in the whole "creative life" process.
• Write . . . something . . . each and every day. Even if it is describing my fears. Write the words. Work it out. My blog has been feeling a lack of love for some time, and I need to work it out. Write it out. Come here and share my thoughts. This has always been my avenue to express myself, and I must find it again.
• Meditate. I've done a little bit of it here and there, but nothing consistent. The thing is, when I clear the mind . . . I can function so much better with all the other things that life throws at me. I need to work on this, and this is probably going to be one of the biggest challenges for myself this year.
• Cut out the sugar . . . ALL of it. It's bad. It makes me feel like crap. And I don't need it. Really. Ok. Maybe THIS ONE will be the biggest challenge for myself. But I know that it is necessary. Sugar is bad. period. Bye-bye.
• Keep climbing the mountain. I have so many things in my mind that I want to accomplish. Sometimes I sit and the computer and soak up the inspiration from so many bloggers and artists in the world - and they inspire and motivate me. Other times, they totally intimidate me and make me want to crawl up in the fetal position and sleep the days away. COURAGE. I must find it. I must force it. I must keep climbing. I don't know how others do it. But what I am realizing, is that I cannot take others into consideration. I must only push myself . . . and then and only then will I do the great things that I know I am capable of. I can celebrate the successes of others, but I must stop judging myself simply by the things that others are doing.
So, there you have it. My Top 6 Ta-Da's for 2012.
Tomorrow is a new day, my friends.
I can do this . . .
Wishing you Peace and Courage as you work on your Ta-Da's.