I mentioned that this very time last year … it has something to do with those darn Bally’s Chicago Fitness Club commercials that used to air AROUND THE CLOCK when I was younger – reminding viewers to “get in shape” in the New Year. Augh. Whatever. I just ate 2 dozen cookies and drank enough egg nog to last a lifetime – do I need to see 6-pack abs bouncing around my television screen? I think not.
The other thing I dislike is pointing out when I don’t finish my . . . goals. Because, as the late, great, John Lennon once sung, “Life is what happens to you while you’re busy making other plans.” So, checking your progress is good – but sometimes plans change. And to me, change is good. So, I decided a long time ago that I wouldn’t do the whole “resolutions” thing here.
But, I would have Goals. Dreams. Plans.
And I would call them something else, too. Not a “To Do List”,but a TA-DA List. (I had a TA-DA list last year and found that it was much more fun than resolutions. LOVE the TA-DAS! Especially if you say it out loud - just as you might imagine I would say it . . . 'TA-DA!!!!!' **insert jazz hand here**!)
My TA-DA’s for 2011 are new and old, as some are repeats from last years TA-DA’s. Some will work well, others will not. And . . . it's ok. Because, as I reminded a very good blog friend of mine just yesterday, we are all HUMAN.
Last year, my list had 10 Ta Da's on it. Since I didn't complete all of my Ta Da's from 2010, I thought I would bring it down a notch this year and only focus on 8 goals. (At this rate, I'll have only 2 goals to work towards in 2014!) Ah, well. It's all about BELIEVING this year, and this is what I BELIEVE in the New Year . . .
My 2011 Ta Da! List!
- Schedule a little more one on one time with each of the girls, independent of each other. I think it's so important to them, and good for me, too!
- Finish that Big Picture Scrapbook class that I took in 2010 (yes, I did take a class ... but never finished the project. This year - I'm going to finish it!)
- Determine, and stick to, some sort of facial skin regimen (totally need this ... the old skin just isn't what it used to be and boy oh boy have I neglected it!!)
- 2010 Repeat: Remember BIRTHDAYS and SEND CARDS via US Postal Service (had such high expectations to see this one through - but somehow I just missed A LOT of them. Will try, again!)
- Take better care of my self (vague, I know, but oh-so-necessary).
- Learn and do YOGA (not even sure my body can get into some of those positions, but if I start slowly, perhaps I'll conform.)
- Return to church . . . regularly.
- Write something, each day. Focus on the words and the message behind them. Inspire, whether here or on paper. Write. Believe. Write.